School Site Council
Link for School Site Council Meeting November 18, 2020 at 3:15
Link for School Site Council Meeting November 5, 2020 at 3:15
Link for the School Site Council Meeting, October 14, 2020 at 3:15 pm
SSC Meeting Agenda 11-18-20
SSC Meeting Agenda 11-5-20
SSC Meeting Agenda 10-14-20
SSC Meeting Agenda 9-16-20
Link for School Site Council Meeting 11/18/20, recording (Access Passcode: j=803F%^)
Roosevelt School Site Council Meeting for 11/5/20 recording (Access Passcode: 1#t3mhrp)
Roosevelt School Site Council Meeting 10/14/20 Recording - (Access Passcode: Uebud$p2)
SSC Protocol/Public Comment
SSC Meetings are at 3:25 p.m. via Zoom teleconference
Bakersfield City School District SSC Meeting Protocol and Instructions for Providing Public Comment during Board meetings due to Covid-19 pandemic. On March 17, 2020, Governor Gavin Newson issued executive Order N-29-20, which modifies some Brown Act Provisions requiring physical presence of members of the public to attend and participate at public meetings considering the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The Bakersfield City School District hereby provides notice that as a result of the declared federal state and local emergencies due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and pursuant to the Governor’s order, SSC meetings will not be physically open to the public. Members of public may observe the meeting via the link on Roosevelt’s SSC webpage and all public comments must be submitted no later than by noon on the day before the school site council meeting by email or voicemail.
To observe the meeting:
The School Site Council meetings can be observed through our provided links in the school site website and the FACE Facebook.
- The preferred option for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to submit your comment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address. If a speaker seeks to address non-agendized matters during a regular meeting, the email should indicate “Public Comment- Non-Agendized Matter.“
- Alternatively, you map comment by calling (661) 631-5460 ext. 40150 to leave a voicemail of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your names at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address or specify if your comment addresses a non-agendized matter during a regular meeting.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received by noon the day before the SSC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want his/her name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During special meetings, public comment is limited to items on the agenda.
- During the meeting comments will be read aloud by the SSC Chairperson and they will be added to the meeting minutes. Please note, the School Site Council may exercise its discretion regarding the amount of time for each public comment depending on the number emails received.
- As with in-person meetings, The School Site Council respects the right of the public to comment on SSC matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of a SSC.
We thank you for your cooperation during the unprecedented times.
SSC Protocol/Public Comment Spanish
Roosevelt Parent Ballot 20-21 (English)
Roosevelt Parent Ballot 21-21 (Spanish)
School Site Council Nomination links
School Site Council Teacher Ballot
School Site Council "Other" Staff Ballot